We had a very busy weekend, but everyone got to do everything that they wanted to do (I think!) so it was well worth it!

Friday night we cleaned off a play rug that I bought earlier that day at a garage sale for $2! We put it in S’s room and then played with all of B’s old Thomas trains on it. S LOVED it, and I think B really did too!


S and trains

Saturday morning after breakfast B went off to meet up with his dad and some friends to take pictures of trains. B saw 13 different trains, so he was happy. Meanwhile, S and I went over to my parents’ house for a visit. We went to Target with my dad and then we brought a pizza back to have lunch with my mom and brother too.

After a much needed nap for S, we ate a quick dinner and then hightailed it over to the local park to see my parents clog at the town festival. S really liked that too, and towards the end he even started dancing and clapping along. Afterwards we played a few carnival games with S. He did not win a goldfish, but he did win a couple of stuffed animals from the duck pick game. We thought he’d actually pick the ducks up, but he was more interested in just splashing in the water.


Carnival game

Sunday we went out for breakfast at the new restaurant near our house. I had told B that I really wanted to go out for breakfast for my birthday, so since my birthday was on a Wednesday we postponed it until the weekend. We used to go out for breakfast a lot, but we haven’t gone in over a year! Boy was it was delicious! S had the kids pancakes, which we thought would be a few small pancakes, but instead it was a HUGE pancake in the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head. It was hanging over the edge of the plate it was so big! He loved it though, and he did a really good job of not making a mess. He did, however, smell like syrup for the rest of the day!

We also hit up the farmers’ market and the grocery store while we were out. The bakery we were hoping would be there again was, so we were very happy about that! And they do have a storefront location that we will have to check out sometime!

The rest of the day was low key. We played outside, B mowed the lawn, S had his very first popsicle that was all his (rather than sharing with us), we made dinner using the first green pepper from our garden, and I fell asleep on the couch at 9:45. It was a good day!


Watering the garden



How was your weekend?